Dark Star Orchestra Live at Town Ballroom on 2010-07-31
- Dark Star Orchestra
01. tuning/Eaton intro of Jeff Mattson
02. Sittin On Top Of The World
03. Morning Dew
04. Beat It On Down The Line>
05. Good Morning Little School Girl
06. Doin' That Rag
07. Cryptical Envelopment>
08. The Other One>
09. Cryptical Envelopment>
10. Death Don't Have No Mercy
Set II: (1:35:55)
02. Dupree's Diamond Blues@
03. Mountains Of The Moon@>
04. Dark Star>
05. St. Stephen>
06. The Eleven>
08. Caution Jam>
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Doin' That Rag|
|Mountains Of The Moon@>|
|encore break/Happy Birthday Jerry! (12:15 AM)|
|Viola Lee Blues>|
|Beat It On Down The Line>|
|Good Morning Little School Girl|
|tuning/Eaton intro of Jeff Mattson|
|Viola Lee Blues|
|Dupree's Diamond Blues@|
|The Other One>|
|Death Don't Have No Mercy|
|Sittin On Top Of The World|
- Performing 04/22/69 The Ark, Boston, MA
- This show was the oldest set of Grateful Dead music DSO had ever performed in 13 years together
- @ Jeff on Acoustic
- Jerry Birthday dedication before Viola
- Fantastic show! If there was any doubt about DSO changing the lead guitar role, this show should eliminate it.
Seeded to etree on:
This is a 16 bit fileset. A 24 bit version also exists.
- 2010-08-03 02:19:59
- 722>Firewire>Macbook> Sound Studio 3(fades, normalize peak, track, bit depth conversion, resample)>xACT 1.71(align on sector boundaries, encode, tag, fingerprint)>flac16
- Buffalo, NY
- DPA 4023>Sonosax SX-M2>Sound Devices 722 (24/96) DIN/OTS/DFC 6' stand extended over FOH on elevated floor
- Taped by
- Lenny Stubbe
- Transferred by
- Lenny Stubbe
- Town Ballroom
Subject: Answer to file question
Subject: The first file in the set.
Subject: town ballroom
Subject: In agreement!
Half way through the show I said to a friend that I think Phil and Bobby picked the wrong guy! I love John dearly and love what he's doing with Furthur but DSO is still killing it out there and this show proves it.
I listened to the real show on Archive a day or two after and I was struck by how close they got - a great attention to detail. This is what DSO is all about and that is apparently not going to change.
Oh, and Rob Eaton is awesome. He keeps it all together with that Bobby sound on the 335 but with much more focus. Kept things tight.
Barraco on the keys doing that Pig thing during Schoolgirl and Lovelight were just incredible. He's another guy that Furthur should have actually poached (but thank God they didn't).
All in all, great show. Thanks for sharing.
Subject: fantastic performance
Subject: Just Close Your Eyes
Uploaded by lastubbe on